Dance News: Visual Artists, Clark Center has EXTENDED the DEADLINE to April 23rd for their Dance-Inspired Art Exhibition "LET’S FACE THE MUSIC"
Deadline for Submission Extended to April 23rd!
Through the lens of dance and the imagination of visual artists, this exhibition will highlight dance through space, shared culture and movement. Featuring dance-inspired paintings, prints, and photographs ranging from realistic to abstract art, “Let’s Face the Music” will highlight the legacy of Clark Center and may also address the impact dance has had on creators’ lives, work -- or the world.
Clark Center NYC is looking for artists for this juried “dance inspired” exhibition. Work can be two or three dimensional and must be original work. Two dimensional art must be wired securely and ready to hang. Artwork does not have to be for sale but if it is, artists will receive 80% commission on any work sold.
Exhibition Dates: June 16 to June 30, 2019
Location: El Barrio’s Artspace, PS 109, 215 East 99th Street, New York, NY
- Artists must have a relationship to Clark Center (e.g. student, choreographer, company member, dance photographer, musician, etc)
- Artists may submit up to three images for consideration. This exhibition will be juried by selected artist and curator friends of the Clark Center community
Due April 23rd: Extended Date!!
- Up to three jpegs labelled “lastname_firstname_1”, “lastname_firstname_2”, etc.
- word doc which includes titles, dimensions, date of creation and price (if for sale)
- artist bio (250 words or less)
- artist statement relative to theme of show (100 words or less)
Please send jpegs to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ccnycart” in subject line.
April 30 Artists will be notified and agreements sent out to those selected.
May 17 Artist Agreement due – email to email@example.com
June 13 & 14 Deliver work to gallery (time to be announced at later date)
June 18 Opening reception and artist talk
Date TBA Pick up of work
The Dance Enthusiast Shares News From The Dance World And Creates Conversation!
For more FROM THE PRESS: Dance News pieces, click here.
If you have important news to share, please send an announcement or press release to firstname.lastname@example.org!